Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week two

Stats:
2012 Mileage :32.6 miles
14 weeks and 6 days til the race
Quarts of ice cream eaten: 2

Okay week two is in the bag. I still weigh the same more or less but my stamina is getting better. I also feel like I am ready to get more serious about my nutrition. So I am going to start logging my food again. I started logging my food a long time ago when I read that Jason Statham writes down everything that goes in his body. Jason Statham is the guy from the Transporter movies and he is one of my man crushes right next to Matthew Mcconaughey  .Just for clarification a man crush is not some homosexual fantasy thing, it's just a guy I would aspire to be more like and/or hang out with. Back to Statham. He includes even the minutia like ounces of water. If that guy looks like that he must be doing something right. When I did my two biggest loser competitions and won them by losing 50 lbs each it was because I was so focused on what was going into my mouth and the effect it would later have on me. Over the years I go back to this food journal off and on but keeping up with it can become a real pain in the ass. I mean who really wants to write down they ate a box of wheat thins, drank a 2 liter of Pepsi and followed that with 10 slices of bacon....in one sitting. So usually this is how it goes. I am really good about writing everything down for three weeks but then I go on a binge and am so damn ashamed of myself I don't write it down. This is the beginning of the end and six months later I am looking at the log getting ready to start again. Since this time my goal is more about the half marathon and less about the weight loss hopefully this will go better.

This week I followed the plan completely except today I ran a extra half mile than it called for. I was just feeling really good and didn't want to stop running. Sometime when I'm running I just forget about all the other stuff going on. It's just me and my feet moving in tune to the music doing what people have been doing since the dawn of time(Adele was blaring today,man do I love her so). Some days that run is so much better than any damn twinkie could ever be. Speaking of Twinkies, I don't know how I forgot to mention this last week. Hostess maker of some of my best friends: Twinkies, Ho Hos, Ding Dongs, Wonder Bread and Sno Balls filed for bankruptcy. It's a real shocker to me since I have been doing more than my part to keep them in business for the better part of two decades and from the look of them half of America has too. I can still remember making a sugar sandwich out of two pieces of wonder bread and some table sugar as a kid. Yum. No wonder i'm a slow fat runner.

Snootchie Bootchies

The Slow Fat Runner




1/16/11 Edit note : I use the Lose It app on my android phone. I used to use it on the iPod so it's also available for the Apple platform. http://www.loseit.com/ Check it out it works pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment