Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1/2 marathon

Stats:
Weight 280 lbs
Miles ran 2011, about 500
Miles to run in 2012, at least 750 hopefully

I have decided to run the Illinois half marathon in Champaign Illinois.

http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_illinois_marathon.html

     I set this goal to push myself beyond my comfort zones completely. This is my new years resolution. I never felt like this was something a fat,slow asthmatic could do. Now after two years of running relatively regularly i'm ready to disprove that. If Al Roker and Oprah can run freaking full on marathons (yes they really did, photographic evidence and everything ) there is no way I can't dedicate myself to completing a half. Nothing against them. If I can get one half done I know in the future I will be able to do the full. Now this will be very interesting since currently it takes me 70 minutes to run 6 miles (hence the title slow fat runner).
     Yesterday I started training for the race using Hal Higdon's novice plan. It calls for strength and stretching days on Mondays which will be good for me since now I avoid those things like the plague! Today I run three miles which should also be interesting since I took the last two weeks off from running due to runners knee and a daughter with strep who subsequently gave me a nasty cold. You will also notice considerably more blog posts coming soon, I have started using the blogger app on my phone to keep me on track with posting. I know i've said before there will be more posts but this time I promise to really do it. I have to it's part of my New Years Resolution. So if you read this please comment, support and critique I need all these things and I appreciate all your support and feedback.

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment