Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fly fat ass fly

The Stats:
Days on Diet:2
Miles Ran in 2012: 36.1
Weight: 278lbs

I have been running on the plan for three weeks now. The first two weeks were really not too bad. This week has started out kinda rough. Yesterday was for strength and stretching so I lifted weights and did all my exercises to strengthen the knee. I still hate lifting weights, but I am getting more into it. I did too much though I think, because I was walking around most of the day like I was doing the robot. Watch the video if you don't know what the robot is or if you wanna see Buffy the white girl slayer break it down.

All that robot dancing made it really hard to run 3.5 miles but I did it today in 36 minutes at a 10:17 pace! Every day it gets better. I really like the feeling of accomplishment I get when a guy 100 lbs lighter than me gets on the treadmill adjacent to mine and tries to run with me, but can't. One mile in and the guy is panting. :)  Now for the diet. I am on a 1800 calorie diet. This might seem like it's not too bad but when you go from eating 3000 calories or more a day to that you feel a little shock. I'm hungry. I'm hungry right now. I'm hungry in the morning. The noon and the night. I'm hungry after dinner. That hunger is a good thing though. That hunger will go away. It will just take time. Well at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Snoochie Boochies,
The Slow Fat Runner

I just thought of something. Every post I sign off Snoochie Boochies.Some of you are probably thinking what the hell does that mean? It's from Jay and Silent Bob of the Kevin Smith movies. Clerks,Chasing Amy, Dogma, Mall Rats etc.... They are probably my favorite characters from any movie. I think it's because of Silent Bob. We're kindred spirits. Lot's of times when I'm running I can just here Jay saying "Fly Fat Ass Fly." So there's the origin. If you haven't seen the movies and you're not too sensitive check them out I promise you will laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Try to eat more low calorie food and then you will be able to eat all day long and not be hungry. Try filling up on LOTS of veggies. They may not taste good at first, but you will get used to them and you will be full. Bring celery and carrots around with you as a snack so you aren't tempted to eat fast food. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete