Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Funky people, puking pauly

Stats
Miles ran this year:5
Episodes of vomiting after a run: 1
Temperature of the gym the last two days: 90 f'n degrees



     Yesterday I ran three miles at what I thought was a pace I can handle. By handle, I mean a pace that wouldn't cause me to vomit,pass out or have a asthma attack. Guess I was wrong about one of those since I immediately lost the contents of my stomach upon finishing the run (well I made it to the bathroom, but you get the point). I guess two out of three ain't bad. Could been he God awful heat and humidity of a packed post New Years gym or because I assumed that after a two week lay off I could just jump right back into things. Like they always say never assume anything. Today I crack open my Runners World and right there in black and white it says after even a short lay off you need to ease back into things.
     I also encountered a personal pet peeve of mine: people who wear colognes and perfumes to workout. I also hate when women in particular come n smelling like some floral body wash looking like they just stepped out of the shower. I get it you don't want to stink. Guess what it's a freaking gym it's gonna stink and nobody gives a damn what you smell like as long as you don't smell like a pile of poo. Some douche bag walks in the other day looking like Pauly D from Jersey Shore reeking of AXE. Personally I believe this should be grounds for automatic gym membership cancellation.
     Today I ran two miles followed by some light strength training and stretching. I ran the miles at a 9:40 pace. Hard but not too hard. That's right around where my 5k pace should be. I like this plan because it's starting out nice and easy unlike the other one I was checking out. I think it would have landed me back in the orthopedist office staring down a cortisone injection. The strength training was only about 15 minutes long because I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do in this area and because honestly I have always hated lifting weights. I have the upper body strength of a little girl compared to many men in my age range. In school when we did the rope climb I was the guy who never and I mean never even made it off the big knot on the bottom. I have legs like a bull ,but that's just because of gravity and the fact that I carry around 90lbs of extra weight.
     That's today's blog if you have any questions or input please feel free to comment.
Snootchie Bootchies, 
                                  The Slow Fat Runner
r




   

1 comment:

  1. Good read and people that smell like French whores at the gym are the worst!

    ReplyDelete