Thursday, January 10, 2013

You're as cold as ice. You're willing to sacrifice our skin.

The Stats:
Weight: No clue my scale broke!
Miles in 2012: 25
Days til marathon: 107

Well hello everyone. I have been infrequently updating this blog over the past few months, but I shall be blogging weekly while I train for my first marathon. I am still fat, asthmatic and full of fear and angst. The one thing that has changed is my reasons for running. I still want to be thin and have that Vin Diesel, Brad Pitt, Tyrese body. but honestly that shit is never gonna happen. That being said I have decided to run for charity and myself. A little more pressure on myself plus I get the added perk of helping people through helping myself. 



Okay on to the training. I am in the middle of my second week of training  I am training outdoors most of the time unlike in the past. Let me just tell you it is colder than hell out there. Last year when I did outdoor running it was in neighborhoods with plenty of cover and trees everywhere, since I moved to a slightly more rural area I now find myself running out in the open sometimes with wind gusts of 20-30 mph. To counteract all this cold air I have purchased some under armor cold gear. Compression tops and bottoms.Let me paint you a picture. Basically I look like a fat ass pig in an extremely tight blanket. You can only compress fat so much I've found. I have new lumps and bumps in places that used to be strictly for man boobs and an over sized ass. Throw a t-shirt on and shorts, gloves a beanie hat and my shoes and now you have a uncomfortable but not cold Slow Fat Runner. All that gear actually makes me a Slower Fat Runner which I didn't think was possible. In the last two weeks I have had lots of fun on the road by myself, I've been bitten by a yippy chihuahua and I've listened to some really bad music. You're probably wondering how bad the music could be. It's Peter Cetera bad. Gagnam style bad. Sprinkle in some Chicago, Milli Vanilli and the Les Miserables sound track and you got what I've been running to. On their own in moderation none of the aforementioned is too bad but when you're on the road and struggling in the wind they can get real bad real quick.As my coach Lou Lou would say "That's Christian Rock"  I have remedied this today with a new playlist featuring Metallica, Rage against the Machine a wee bit of Rolling Stones and a touch of AC/DC. This should keep me moving for a while.Stay tuned for more and continue following me throughout the training process. Also please help me reach my fundraising goal. Go Here!







No comments:

Post a Comment