Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Slow Obese High Cholesterol Laden Runner




Stats:
354.6 miles ran in 2012 (Yep I actually figured it out)
Cholesterol, LDL 164 mg/dl (My doctors eyes popped out when he saw the number)
BMI 34.7 (Obese)




Well I had a eye opening doctors appointment today. As I mentioned in last weeks post I have high cholesterol. I thought it was something that would just go away as I worked on my weight, my doctor feels that it's something that should be immediately addressed.He has prescribed Lipitor for me. He actually seemed kinda shocked by such a number. He said anything over 100 mg/dl was a cause for alarm but anything in my level was serious. Apparently my love of bacon, butter, high fat foods and anything greasy is truly putting me at risk for heart attack and stroke. As a matter of fact he said I might already have small plaques formed in my arteries. I have never been someone who doesn't listen to doctors I have a lot of respect for the profession. That being said I know now even more that the diet has to change.What you see above is my last fast food meal.....at least for this year. I would like to say forever, but hell how about some baby steps. Stress eating is no longer an excuse.

Last week I ran 6 miles, it wasn't much but it did feel good. This week I am aiming for 15 or better. I'd like to run 600 miles or more for the year, but anything over 500 will be. The temperature is dropping. The leaves are changing and as my favorite character would say "Winter is Coming." The best time of year is on the way. I can run,run,run and not worry about humidity or asthma. Well at least until it gets below freezing and I have to worry about my lungs turning to ice, leaving me in a state of asthma induced coma.

Today I started a new book. The Hunger Fix by Dr. Pam Peeke. It's all about why food addicts eat and how to make changes to end  overeating and have a healthful recovery. I'll of course tell you guys all about the book as I read it. That's it for today. Please leave comments if you have any on the blog. I really appreciate knowing people read what I write.





No comments:

Post a Comment