Sunday, September 9, 2012

Slow fat backslider.


The Stats:

Weight: 268 lbs
Miles ran in 2012: Who knows. I actually lost count.


Forgive me readers for I have sinned. It's been four months since my last blog. It's also been four months since I've run seriously. I have been running but after I changed shifts from days to midnight's I stopped training for my next half marathon, which was supposed to be today. Midnight's are absolutely ridiculous and makes it damn near impossible to train. It has become evident to me that my lack of running is seriously detrimental to my health. I have gained back every pound that I have lost from training for the first half. This is honestly ridiculous. I am ashamed of myself for what I have become. Today I got some test results that I've been waiting for... cholesterol and pancreatic function. I have high cholesterol but my A1c level was good. So I have increased risk for heart attack and stroke, but I won't go into a diabetic coma anytime soon. So now it's time to do something about this. I'm back on days, so it's time to start training. I plan on running a marathon. Well actually i'm planning on running two marathons next year. The first will be The Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon which is on April 27th. I ran the half marathon last year. I figure since my fat ass needs to have big goals this should be a good precursor to the main event. The second marathon I will be running is the one I have wanted to do since the beginning. The Bank of America Chicago Marathon. In between these two marathons I plan on running no less than five 5k's, three 10k's and at least one half marathon. This sounds like a lot but I want it that way. I want no areas for excuses. No serious downtime. Hopefully along the way I will reach my goal size and for once be content in the skin i'm in. That's it for now. Tomorrow is a new day and I got some training to do. Let me leave you with a recap of some of my biggest sins while I was gone. 

I ate a minimum of 20 boxes of wheat thins during the last four months, drank a minimum of 20 gallons of Pepsi and I don't even want to talk about the cookies. cakes, twinkies and candy that I enjoyed.I'm not proud of it, but I got to get it off my chest. You know what makes me the most ashamed? I have people who have actually become inspired by me and look what I go and do. What kind of example is this?This stuff is going to kill me.....seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment