Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm addicted to pain killers. Like Jesse Spano and Caffeine.

Stats:
Weight: 275 Lbs
Mileage in 2012: 46.6

It's been a busy week. I finished the week tired but not feeling hungry at all! Training has went according to plan pretty much except for on Wednesday I made a mistake and ran Thursday's workout (3.5 miles) instead of the prescribed 2 miles. Which led me to the title of today's blog. It eludes to a very special episode of Saved By The Bell where Jesse (Elizabeth Berkley) gets hooked on Caffeine pills after she uses them to help her deal with a very hectic schedule. I love ibuprofen like a fat kid loves cake (As a fat kid I know that's a lot). A miracle drug that makes swollen knees and stiff joints feel like a million dollars. Ice is my other friend but it's just not as portable. If I didn't know the serious health issues caused by ibuprofen overdose I would just mix the stuff in with my cereal every day. I must admit though some mornings after running I have to pop them like candy. Something is telling me that by the end of this journey to a half marathon I'm gonna need a handful of these things just to get out of bed.


Just to keep you up to date I've lost 5 pounds this year and have been tracking my calories for only one week(Only one bad day!). I've changed my food diary program to My Fitness Pal. It seems to work better than lose it and my "pal" Matt also uses it. It's got a social, almost Weight Watchers aspect to it which I like. If you join and would like to be my "pal" my user name is slowfatrunr. My half marathon is only 97 days away. It seems like a lot of time but these weeks are just flying by. One more thing...I know I've complained about odors at the gym before, but today I ran next to a guy who smelled like he has NEVER taken a shower. Look body order is natural I expect some at the gym, but this d bag was wearing a shirt with no sleeves. The smell of hot ass and garbage was wafting freely about the area. It was better than Patchoulli stink but still that my friends is just wrong. When he left (20 minutes into my long run) I almost clapped. I didn't though. Instead I just put my nose to the grindstone and knocked out a easy five miles. Easy like Sunday morning as my boy Lionel Richie would say.


Snoochie Boochies, 
The Slow Fat Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment