Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week one

Stats:
Miles ran this year: 12
Weeks til race: 15
Quarts of ice cream eaten: 1

     This morning I woke up looked out the window and saw frost on the grass. Which automatically means no outdoor running for me. I learned a few years ago that running in sub 40° temperatures means nothing but trouble for my lungs. It was after such a run that I was diagnosed with pneumonia and a terrible case of bronchitis. So with the great outdoors clearly out of reach I went to the gym and did my four miles. Sunday mornings are probably the best times to go to the gym. Its usually quiet, no screaming group fitness instructors to throw off your mojo and you definitely will have your pick of treadmills. Basically the only others there are like minded individuals trying to bust out a long run or gym rats getting their fix. Todays run was glorious. Every step felt good and I completed the mileage in 42 minutes putting me at a pace of 10:29. Not too shabby since i've been running three miles at 10:19 pace all week. I'm feeling more confident with every run now.
     As I mentioned above in the stats I ate a quart of ice cream. It was good. Breyers cookies in cream. Almost as good as the crack they call Oberweis cookies and cream shakes. I need to lay off these binges though and soon because I really want to reap the benefits of all this running and lifting. Plus how will I ever be able to join the cast of chippendales dance revue (a personal goal of mine) without abs or steel.

Snoothchie Bootchies,
The Slow Fat Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment