Monday, June 20, 2011

First race of the year. I had nothing to fear.

Stats:
279.5 lbs (Not starving just thirsty)
10.7 miles ran in last 7 days :(

     Sorry for the late post I just felt kinda off yesterday. Honestly I almost didn't run the race that I trained for eight weeks to get to. I ran the Kilbride Family Classic 5k yesterday and it was super duper humid outside. My time was 32:55.6, 10:36 pace  It was chip timed and thank God because I had to dodge strollers, walkers and other slow fat runners.. I am not happy with the time at all! The course was much harder than I remember it being and somewhere around the one mile mark I just felt like stopping.My body wouldn't let me (stupid body). Which was great it actually showed me my body is stronger than I thought.I now must start training for the next race, which I haven't chosen yet! This time around I will actually do some form of strength training, which I detest more than the klu klux klan, ultra conservatives or those wedgies you get that you can't pick out because you are in front of someone. Well that's it for today time to nurse my ego and my toe which is really killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment