Sunday, March 17, 2013

You gotta believe!

The stats:
Weight - 266 lbs
Miles ran this year - 235
Funds raised for charity - $245

You know I've come along way since my last post. I went from having a personal record distance of 13.1 miles to 16 miles. I have lost about 8 lbs. I have regained a bit of my belief in humanity. Running all these miles this year has been a exercise in solitary thought. When I run ,I work through problems at home, problems that society struggles with like race relations and the economy and I think about the people who I call friends. Sometimes I pray and sometimes I just lift my face to the sun soaking in all the rays and enjoying nature at its best. Through all the huffs and puffs and the constant trotting of my feet I listen to earths song. Train whistles, ambulance sirens and barking dogs somehow create a beautiful symphony that can truly only be enjoyed while moving through space on your own two feet. You're probably reading this wondering "why is he taking us through his process?" Well I am because I want you to know that I've added some people to my runs. Now when I run I am going to think about those who were so generous in supporting me with their time, money and advice. You will become part of my focus. Thank you.

Update:
Just yesterday I ran 17 miles and you guys pushed me along as much as my own will and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment