Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 6/7

Stats:
266 lbs
99.5 miles on the year

Well it's been awhile since I've blogged but I've done a lot over the last two weeks. I ran my fastest 5k time ever (28 minutes on a treadmill) and I ran my longest distance ever (7 miles 1:14:59 @10:43 pace OUTSIDE). Basically I've been kicking ass and taking names. I got new shoes also. Well not new shoes really I got a second pair of my Brooks Beasts because the other ones fell apart. I refuse to have injuries this time around so equipment is very very important. My shoes cost $130.00 but they are worth every penny. So if anyone out there at Brooks reads this please hook a brother up. Speaking of equipment, do you know how hard it is for a big man to find proper running apparel. I'm searching online for 2x running shorts and technical shirts that won't accentuate the man boobs and gut, but apparently no one makes those. I might just try some XL shorts and stick to the t-shirts with the technical shirts beneath them. I'm just not ready to unleash the gun show yet. On to the weight loss aspect of all this running. I'm down fourteen pounds in seven weeks,a healthy two pound per week average. I've lost big weight before but never in a sustainable way. If I can stay healthy and injury free I really believe I can run myself thin. Here's the coolest thing. Today I ate two terrible meals. One at Cracker Barrel  (home of Paula Deen's favorite bad food and one at Arby's. It doesn't matter though because my run burned enough calories that I am still well below my calorie goal. Running where the hell have you been my whole life? That's it for today folks.


 The Slow Fat Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment